Re: Filtering all incoming and outgoing mail

2000-05-04 18:15:12
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Sean A. Walberg wrote:

Hi,

I've seen this question asked time and time again in the archives, but I
seem to be doing something wrong here.  I've got a machine that accepts
mail on behalf of a few domains, and then forwards them to the appropriate
mail server based on the mailertable and some dns-oddities.

In /etc/sendmail.cf I have

Mprocmail,      P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=mSDFMhun, S=11, R=21,
                A=procmail -m $h $g $u

We don't run virtual domains, but anyway we have in setup this (as by
default):

Mprocmail,      P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=DFMSPhnu, S=11/31, R=21/31,
T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -m $h $f $u

I'd use our setup. Maybe you want to see some pages I wrote/updated
recently about these flags to mailers ...
http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs/sendmail
Note especially the `m' flag. There are also links to excellent sendmail
pages from Claus Assman.

Otherwise, I'd suggest you to ask at
<sendmail+questions(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)org>.
;-)

--
Martin Mokrejs - PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs
<mmokrejs(_at_)natur(_dot_)cuni(_dot_)cz> Faculty of Science, The Charles