Re: Formail Field Extraction

2000-06-22 02:34:48
From: Bennett Todd <bet(_at_)rahul(_dot_)net>

The field I'm trying to remove has several occurrences of the same
kind, so after I spot the correct field from a condition, how do I
remove the intended field?

I've read that several times, and still haven't a clue what it might
be that you mean.

How about if you provide an example?

I took it he meant he was working with a header field that has
several instances, and he wants to trash all but one.  Take X-Loop,
for example.  If I correspond to you and you use the -A flag with
formail and append an X-Loop, and I do the same, now we have a couple
of X-Loops recurring in our mail.

A bad example, really, because I would be unwise to muck with X-Loop
fields, since they then would lose their power to invoke their
intended traps to stop bounces.  But I'm still working on my first cup
of coffee, so that example will have to suffice for now.  :)

I'm sure deedsmis will correct me if I'm wrong about what he meant.

Btw, the only solution I can think of is to match on the one you want,
then invoke formail to assert it again with the -I flag.

--