[Newbie] : sendmail and procmail question

2000-06-27 15:30:42
Hello
        Greetings to all on the list.
        Although I am new to procmail and stuff, I read most of the
documentation available on the subject.: FAQ, manual, Nancy's quick
introduction and so on. I managed to understand the recipes (doesn't mean that I
can do anything but ...), however I don't have a clue on the installation
process itself.  Questions:

a) It seems that Makefile has be modified in order to install procmail.  Which
are the common modifications for OS's such as Solaris 2.6 and linux?
b) Is there any default procedure for modifying sendmail? I mean, which is the
command modifications on sendmail.mc to get sendmail working with procmail -
FEATURE(local_procmail) or MAILER(procmail)? Which are the advantages and
disadvantages?
c) On the system, I have sendmail-8.10.0 with cyrus-sasl authorization plus
qpopper. Would procmail affect this setup in any way?
d) Is there a /etc/procmailrc default file for all users?

That's all for now.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

regards

Ed