Re: Is it possible to configure

2000-06-27 23:24:29
On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 12:00:07PM +0530, Harshad Kamat wrote:
Hi All,

I have one question.

Is it possible to configure procmail in such a way that it need not be
invoked every time when a mail is to be delivered ?

From a performance point of view, can I have a procmail process always
running which gets a mail from sendmail and processes it rather than
invoking a new procmail process every time ?

A wild suggestion:

Try setting up a fifo .. so that your MTA will deliver to the fifo and an
always running procmail reads from it and does its thing.

There will be lots of problems, and I dont know it it will work at all .. but
IMHO it's worth a try.

--
How can a species, that can create machines to communicate, fail to communicate
amongst themselves ?