Re: password for mailinglist

2000-07-02 03:46:05
From: "Matthijs" <mldz(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>

Could someone help me with a procmail problem?  I want to secure
an email address by making a script that checks whether there is a
password in the body or not. And if the password is correct, the mail
should be accepted for that address. When it's the wrong password or
if there isn't any, the email should be send to another email address.
Since I don't know anything about linux / unix / procmail, could you
please explain it to me like I'm a five year old.

This was covered nicely some time ago in the archives.  I just did a
search and found David Tamkin's explanation to me from 1998, which
still works (no reason why it shouldn't, but I thought I'd mention
that).  See this link to find it.  I searched the archives for
"password and dallman", since I also revisited this about two months
ago.  But I recognized David's post and just clicked on that first.

http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/cgi-bin/w3glimpse2html/procmail/1998-08/msg00361.html?69#mfs

Okay, my reprisal from two months ago is at

http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/cgi-bin/w3glimpse2html/procmail/2000-05/msg00154.html?44#mfs

This is really the first time I've had an opportunity to try the
archives in a while, so - thanks.  :-)

--