Re: can anybody help ??

2000-07-07 07:52:56
Vanchynathan <vanchy(_at_)nimbus(_dot_)ee(_dot_)iitm(_dot_)ernet(_dot_)in>
writes:
hai thanx for the reply. I want to know to which user a particular mail is
received, irrespective of whether the user's name is in To/Bcc/Cc. I have
to do some process with this "name" of the recipient later. I cudnt find
anything for this in procmailrc. I will be happy if you can help me in
this regard.

To quote the procmailrc(5) manpage:

   Environment variable defaults
       LOGNAME, HOME and SHELL
                             Your (the recipient's) defaults

So, the LOGNAME variable is what you are looking for.

Philip Guenther