Re: Procmail -maildir

2000-07-10 09:10:28
"Dominic W. Chan" <dwchan(_at_)webtechmedia(_dot_)com> writes:
I understand that the latest version of procmail support maildir (v3.1.4)
I any case I have couple of quick question

1.  is this meet procmail support maildir format on both user inbox and
folder or just folder?

Version 3.14 does not (correctly) support mailspools in maildir format.
This has been fixed in 3.15pre, the current beta.

2.  what is the switch or syntac to tell procmail delivery my mail in my
mailbox as maildir format (versus the traditional mbox format) in my
procmailrc?

To quote the procmailrc(5) manpage:

     If it is a directory, the mail will be delivered to a  newly
     created,  guaranteed  to be unique file named $MSGPREFIX* in
     the specified directory.  If the mailbox name ends in  "/.",
     then  this  directory  is presumed to be an MH folder; i.e.,
     procmail will use the next number it  finds  available.   If
     the  mailbox  name  ends  in  "/",  then  this  directory is
     presumed to be a maildir folder; i.e., procmail will deliver
     the  message  to  a  file  in a subdirectory named "tmp" and
     rename it to be inside a subdirectory named "new".   If  the
     mailbox  is  specified to be an MH folder or maildir folder,
     procmail will create the necessary directories if they don't
     exist,  rather  than  treat  the  mailbox  as a non-existent
     filename.  When procmail is delivering to  directories,  you
     can  specify  multiple  directories  to deliver to (procmail
     will do so utilising hardlinks).

So, put a trailing slash on the mailbox name and do not include the
trailing /tmp, /new, or /cur.

Philip Guenther