Need backup sol. when forwarded mail rejected

2000-07-16 22:29:31
I have a small webhosting business, RH 6.2, Sendmail 8.9.3 (I think)
behind a firewall. I'm having trouble with one account who has a virtual
domain on my server who wants his mail forwarded to his high school's mail
server (he's on staff there) (using Procmail to do the forwarding).
Problem is that the school's server is frequently down, which generates a
lot of bounced letters and stuck messages in my mail queue (I came home
after a week away on business to find 300+ MAILER_DAEMON letters for him
in mqueue.

Is there some way to have Procmail check the forward address first, and if
it can't deliver it there to have it drop the mail into the local POP3 box
for this account instead?

Thanks,

Glen
glen(_at_)perluser(_dot_)org