help with procmail accessing sql or other database for custom auto-responders

2000-07-26 20:13:56
I apologize if this is wrong, but I am a newbie to both unix and procmail
... and have been on this list, but just haven't been able to put things
together on my own.

I wonder if there is someone out there who would like to take on an
additional project for a fee.  This is non-profit, but I think I can get
sponsors.

If interested, keep reading, if not, you can delete this and my apologies.

I would like to have various resources and information in an sql or other
database on a unix server.  Folks could access the info by sending an email
that would trigger a lookup function in the database and spit back the
answer in a customized reply message ... answering just that particular
question.

Sometimes I would like to send back a calculation based upon the info,
sometimes a look up, sometimes a document.

Does someone have the expertise in this area and are willing to put it
together.  You can respond privately.  I am interested in any level of
involvement that might be available ... from someone doing the project
totally, to someone helping guide me through the process.  The purpose is to
provide email resources and serve international health care providers who
are in remote areas and do not have access to web resources due to cost,
bandwidth, or intermittent connections.

Thanks,

art giebel : )
art(_at_)giebel(_dot_)net