Re: Procmail Problems

2000-08-01 01:55:26
Hi,

I have some problems with procmail, and I can´t quite get it.
System Red Hat 6.1
Sendmail 8.9.3
Procmail 3.13.1
mail files are in /var/spool/mail

I have a user "support" that gets the mail it should be filtered. The
filtered mail should go to user "admin"

for .procmailrc and testing.rc see below

I get this error:  " procmail: Error while writing to "admin" "
Mail-file has 660 permisions, user: admin, group: mail, every mail-file has
the same permissions.

No surprise. Instead if trying to write to admin's mailbox, forward it to dmin.

When I put "support" in group: mail, everything works fine, but I can`t do
this for all users.

I tried with a .forward file, but it doesn´t work. Here is the output:

I suspect that .forward stops procmail from being involved.

If you don't want procmail involved, setup a sendmail alias. I've mentioned
that in the past day or so; refer back to my other postings if you need more
on that.