Re: Optimizing recipes.

2000-08-01 01:53:25

That is another good way to clean it up.  I'm using includes
allready, I just never thought of it.  I think though, in keeping
with your KISS rule, a better way would be to write a script
which generates the file for me, which gets included.  My reason

Is that so simple? It might be if you were reading your address-book and
generating recipes from that. If you're doing that, perhaps you could write a
script that does the delivery instead.

If you want to become a better basher, do it in bash (but do take care not to
lose all 25 friends before you sort it out). Otherwise, Perl's a good choice.

for cleaning this stuff up is that looking in the files is
messy.  I just want to plop in a line and go..   The script idea
will automate it for me.

I've decided that altogether two many programs are littering my home directory
with their configuration files. I've created ~/.etc and stuffed a few files in
there. It's got a a lot of procmail files, plus a few from my other efforts.