Re: Multiple procmail mailing lists?

2000-08-16 16:05:02
John Summerfield <summer(_at_)OS2(_dot_)ami(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> writes:
I'm subscribed and posting to procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
which
I got out of the procmail manpage a while back.  Looking there
now though, I see:

       There exists a mailinglist for questions relating  to  any
       program in the procmail package:
              <procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>
                     for submitting questions/answers.
              <procmail-users-request(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>
                     for subscription requests.

So, is the above procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org a NEW mailing list,
or what?  Should we all unsubscribe from this list and move to
the new list, or are both lists one and the same behind the
scenes?
I'd assumed they ARE the same, without thinking much of it. However, (and I
thought you'd have done this, Mike;-))
cuci.nl is where the author hides; one of his other products is cucipop. It
does go to explain why I've never seen him on THIS list.

No, you haven't seen him because he is the sole technical person (and
founder) for the Netherland's second largest ISP.  Well, it was second
largest a couple years ago; I don't know about now.

As for the lists, procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org is currently just a
forward to procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE(_dot_)  If you submit
a message to
procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org you'll get a warning message from MailMan
(the software handling the procmail list) and the 'list owner' (some
poor soul at RWTH-Aachen) will have to hand approve it.  Otherwise,
they're the same.

Philip Guenther