Autoresponder problem

2000-08-17 08:13:40
Hi,

I am using procmail 2.10 with formail on Solaris 2.5.1. I have set up an
autoresponder (using a recipe similiar to the one below) using procmail
which is working OK most of the time. The autoresponder responds to the
sender of the email with a message and then discards the senders message.
The user does not want to see a copy of any of the messages except those
from mail delivery subsystems and the like.

However, the procmail rule is not invoked if the sender address has "mail"
in it. e(_dot_)g(_dot_)mail(_at_)some(_dot_)domain(_dot_)
I assume that procmail thinks that any address with "mail" in it is from a
mailer and that the macro FROM_DAEMON expands to a regular expression that
will match anything with mail in the email address.

I would be grateful if someone can confirm whether this is the case and give
me a procmail recipe/rule that will reply to all email addresses including
those with mail in them except mail delivery subsystems and the like.

Procmail Recipe
-----------------------

XLOOP="X-Loop: Mail responder"

:0 H
*!^FROM_DAEMON
{
    # Send a standard reply in all cases.
    :0 Hc
        | (/opt/procmail/bin/formail -r -t -A"$PRIORITY"\
         -A"$XLOOP" -A"$FROM";\
        cat <$MAILDIR/data/standard_reply ) | $SENDMAIL -t

    :0
        ! nobody
}

Regards