Re: getting MTA to pass recipient information

2000-08-18 11:41:22
Philip wrote about Eric's problem,

| So, why is his MTA accepting all this mail for non-existent local users
| if it isn't itself treating it as a virtual domain?  That is, if it's
| _not_ a virtual domain, then it should only be accepting mail for actual
| users (i.e., names with passwd file entries), no?

Then maybe it is a virtual domain after all.  Eric?  What's the setup?

| If you're just wondering how the recipes in the /etc/procmailrc file can
| tell what user the message is for, you're looking for the LOGNAME
| variable.

... unless it's a virtual domain.  All I know is that Eric has been depen-
dent on the headers to determine the recipient.  In one of his most recent
posts, he said a piece came in with no "for" phrase on the Received: line,
so I suppose it must have been more than one local envelope recipient.