Re: Handling N-way discussions

2000-08-23 09:35:12
Along similar lies to the earlier message, I have wondered for some time whether it is redundant to use both the 'f' and 'w' flags on the same recipe? Does 'f' automatically imply waiting for the recipe to complete so that the modified message will be the one used in further recipes?

At 01:00 AM 8/23/00 -0500, guenther+procmail(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu wrote:
Zhiliang Hu <hu(_at_)genome(_dot_)ansci(_dot_)iastate(_dot_)edu> writes:

>man page on Procmailrc says:
>
>  f    Consider the pipe as a filter.
>
>Does it mean it will pass on the mail after the recipe - an
>anolog of "c" option but different in that "c" passes a mail
>"as is" and "f" passes it after processing? ... Just in case
>I may loss mails ...

Not at all.  Normally, when procmail processes an action, it starts the
program designated by the action and feeds the message into it.  If the
action 'succeeds' then procmail is done, and stops processing the
rcfile.  If it fails then procmail keeps processing the rcfile.

--
Michael Keating, P.E.     (626)696-4356
La Salle High School