Re: None

2000-08-23 23:36:06
"Anand Sancheti" <procmail(_at_)geostop(_dot_)com> writes:
We have Webmail solution which uses linux/sendmail as mail server. We
have mapped the /var/spool/mail using Samba on a NT machine. There is
another pop server running on NT which locks the mail file of user
when they pop their messages.  When the mail file is locked by pop
server and at the same time if new mail is delivered it bounce back
with following script.

*Why* are you running the POP server on the NT box?  Putting any sort
of file sharing into the mail-handling path is almost always a bad idea:
it's just one more place to lose mail.

Anyway, to solve your problem I would suggest using a POP server that's
smarter about locking, not holding it the entire POP session.

Is there anyway to keep that mail instead bouncing it back. is there
anything wrong?

You could try telling sendmail to pass procmail the -t flag, but that
may cause its own set of problems (full queues, bad interactions with
SPAM filters, etc)...

Philip Guenther