Re: pattern matching in headers vs. body

2000-08-28 08:23:29
cory wrote:
Hello all,

Fairly simple question -- I want to filter out any mail that isn't
addressed to me AND either has one of a few keywords in the Subject:
or a keyword in the body.  To me the following should work:

:0
* ! ^TO_cory@
{

In the following line, change
       b    Feed the body to the pipe, file or  mail  destination
       B    Egrep the body.

  :0 b
  * remove
    { RULE="Probably spam -- keyword found in body." }

I'd suggest replacing the previous two lines by:

    RULE="Probably spam -- keyword found in body."

    :0:
    spam
  }

In the following line, replace
       h    Feed the header to the pipe, file or mail destination
by
       H    Egrep the header (default).

  :0 h
  * ^Subject:[        ]+.*(sex|free|\$\$\$)
    { RULE="Probably spam -- keyword found in subject." }

Substitution analogous to above.

    :0:
    spam

hth
collin
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.