Re: Bouncing unwanted mail?

2000-08-29 09:32:03
Hi,

Here's an extract from my .procmailrc that does part of what you want
I think.  If you change filename and put something like this in
/etc/procmailrc (is that where procmail looks first?) you should be
all set.

    :0 hWc : list.known.bad.swp
    | formail -c | grep -if list.known.bad > /dev/null

    :0a
    {

            # try to get them to go away
            EXITCODE=67

            # Purpose of parameters to ":" is to create a nice entry in logfile

            :0 i
            | : list.known.bad match EX_NOUSER
    }

level, but all I can see is selective delivery.  I'd like something like a
/etc/mail.bounce file, which is the same format as the /etc/aliases file,
only the opposite, but if procmail'll do it, then that's OK too.

Now that you mention /etc/aliases, here's another thought:  (Untested
of course!)

    $ cat > exit67.c
    main() { exit(67); }
    ^D
    $ cc exit67.c -o /sbin/exit67
    $ cat >> /etc/aliases

    bad_1: "|/sbin/exit67"
    bad_2: "|/sbin/exit67"
    ^D
    $ newaliases
    $ mail -s test bad_1

regards,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.