Re: logging in to the server

2000-08-31 12:03:22
At 11:33 2000-08-31 -0700, jeff @ Alta Host wrote:
I am currently having trouble on my Linux server with downloading email from

Can anyone help me or at least point me in the right direction?

Determine what you're using for a POP3 daemon (telnet to port 110 on the server and see what the banner says - that'd be a good start), and search for an appropriate support group for that product. <http://www.deja.com> might be a good start point.

Procmail is not a POP, IMAP, or SMPT daemon.  It is a mail filtering tool.

If you're running procmail on the accounts, be sure that you're not pulling the messages from the mail spool (typically files in /var/spool/mail/), or else the users won't be able to download them.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395