Re[2]: reciept needed

2000-08-30 13:25:56
On Wednesday, August 30, 2000, 10:35:40 AM, you wrote:

MD> Ugh.  I guess egroups changed again.  Here's an update for my recipe
MD> which seems to be working now.

My guess is that they will continue to make small (and possibly large)
changes frequently to foil simple attempts at removing ads. Is there a
way to get more adaptive in recognizing the ad?

It's at the top of the message.

It seems to have a header and footer line with many -------- chrs.

There's an egroups URL (possibly with a consistent address?) between
the two ------- lines. The URL seems to end with many /// chrs with
quite a few numbers interspersed.

Any way to 'read' this, recognize it, decide how to remove it, and then
get rid of it? This approach is beyond my abilities, I'm afraid.

Side question: are there email 'ad killers' already available? Don't
want to reinvent the wheel, and I'm sure I'm not the first person to
want to do this :-).

Any ideas, and code, much appreciated.

ztrader