Re: Redelivering mail

2000-08-30 15:45:08
                                ... I'd like the old headers to show in
the body of the new message.  Currently they are being turned to
Old-whatever and hidden in the true headers.  ...

How about the following (untested of course):

================ example code begins

    # If we have an invalid to: address, then make a new 2-line header,
    # pushing the rest of the header into the message body

:0 fhw
* ! ^TO_sales@(mail2\.wcc\.net|wcc\.net|angelofleet\.com)
| (echo -e 'Subject: Attempt to send to sales(_at_)invalid\n\n'; cat)

    # The last line of the above might work even without the parentheses
    # but I'm not sure

    # If we executed the above, send the works to support(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net,
and
    # make it appear to have come from root(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net:

:0a
! -oi -froot(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net support(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net

================ end of example code

Here is another way to do it.

================ example #2 begins

:0
* ! ^TO_sales@(mail2\.wcc\.net|wcc\.net|angelofleet\.com)
| (echo Subject: Attempt to send to sales(_at_)invalid; echo; cat) | \
   $SENDMAIL -oi -froot(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net support(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net

================ end of example #2

regards
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.