Re: Redelivering mail

2000-08-30 23:10:40

I've got a recipe to deliver certain invalid messages to a new
recipient.  It works correctly, but I'd like the old headers to show in
the body of the new message.  Currently they are being turned to
Old-whatever and hidden in the true headers.  This will be so that Tech
Support can easily spot who is using the invalid address with their
virtual domains.  Here is what I have so far:

SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
:0H:
* ! ^TO_sales@(mail2\.wcc\.net|wcc\.net|angelofleet\.com)
| formail -i"Subject: Attempt to send to sales(_at_)invalid \
domain" -i"To: support(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net" | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
-froot(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net

:0H
* ! ^TO_sales@(mail2\.wcc\.net|wcc\.net|angelofleet\.com)
| mail -s "Here's another duff message" support(_at_)wcc(_dot_)net

and support can filter it as fancily as seems necessary.

btw You don't need a lock file for feeding into programs, so I've dropped the
second colon; it's deliberate.