RE: Newbie to ProcMail

2000-09-05 08:45:03
Thanks Collin for the help. Next, I would like to ask the following:

1. How to detect that the message contain attachments?
2. How to know that these attachments are certain format, e.g. PDF / JPEG
3. Can I save the few attachments onto the disk?

I have tried to search through the net to look for the answers, but still
not sure how to. Thanks!

Regards,
Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE]On Behalf Of
Collin Park
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 11:01 PM
To: Joe Cheong
Cc: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Newbie to ProcMail

something simple, that greps the which sender the mail from. I tried the
whole night. Can someone tell me what's wrong with the following code:

SENDER=`formail -rt`

This creates a reply header (what you saw in your $HOME/test.log).

The procmailex(5) manpage gives this formula:

              FROM=`formail -rt -xTo:`

I do it like this:

    ADDRESS=`formail -rtzx to:`

The 'z' removes any blanks.

The formail(1) manpage gives additional information about the meaning
of the 't' flag.

hth
collin
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.