Re: sendmail + systemwide procmailrc and user procmailrcs

2000-09-08 10:21:15
"Dominik Meyer" wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question:

        I have configured sendmail to use procmail as a local_mailer.
        Ist it possible to use a systemwide procmailrc and user =
procmailrc at the
        same time without running into problems ??

It should be.  The procmail manpage says:

       If no rcfiles and no -p have been specified on the command
       line,  procmail  will, prior to reading $HOME/.procmailrc,
       interpret  commands  from  /etc/procmailrc  (if  present).

The manpage continues,

       Care must be taken when creating /etc/procmailrc, because,
       if circumstances permit, it will  be  executed  with  root
       privileges ...

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.