Re-Post: New mail notification

2000-09-08 15:45:43
Reposting for those you you who hate to have email with
lines that are > 80char long...

Usually I login to a sunos with an xterm using the -ut and +ls options
- so I usually don't see the comsat/biff notifications.  However, when
I do see them (telnet or other xterm options), I do see the comsat UDP
notices.

When mail somes to the system mailbox I see a full text notification.
When the mail is processed into files inside $HOME/Mail/Some_file, the
notification takes the form:

New mail for deb(_at_)my_host has arrived:
----
----

Thinking it was the mode on the Mail dir, I when from 700 to 711 to
755, <shiver!> but no change.  I'm back to 700, but haven't solved the
problem - that is, I want the biff to display the folder and the
sender, or what is usually displayed when mail goes to the system
mailbox.

I checked the procmail docs that come with the source (3.11pre4), but
haven't found anything useful.

Any info/help would be gratefully accepted...

TIA,

deb

     **** Sing to the tune of "100 bottles of beer on the wall" ****

     99 little bugs in the code,
     99 bugs in the code,
     fix one bug, compile it again,
     101 little bugs in the code.
     101 little bugs in the code,.... >   (Repeat until BUGS = 0)