New mail notification

2000-09-08 15:41:23
Usually I login to a sunos with an xterm using the -ut and +ls options - so I
usually don't
see the comsat/biff notifications.  However, when I do see them (telnet or
other xterm
options), I do see the comsat UDP notices.

When mail somes to the system mailbox I see a full text notification.  When the
mail
is processed into files inside $HOME/Mail/Some_file, the notification takes the
form:

New mail for deb(_at_)my_host has arrived:
----
----

Thinking it was the mode on the Mail dir, I when from 700 to 711 to 755,
<shiver!> but no change.
I'm back to 700, but haven't solved the problem - that is, I want the biff to
display the folder
and the sender, or what is usually displayed when mail goes to the system
mailbox.

I checked the procmail docs that come with the source (3.11pre4), but haven't
found
anything useful.

Any info/help would be gratefully accepted...

TIA,

deb

     **** Sing to the tune of "100 bottles of beer on the wall" ****

     99 little bugs in the code,
     99 bugs in the code,
     fix one bug, compile it again,
     101 little bugs in the code.
     101 little bugs in the code,.... >   (Repeat until BUGS = 0)