Re: Problems with .forward file

2000-09-19 08:15:10
At 16:11 2000-09-19 +0700, Alex Kusuma Tjahjana wrote:

And here is the content of my .procmailrc file:

SHELL=/usr/bin/sh
MAILDIR=${HOME}/mail
LOGFILE=${MAILDIR}/procmail.log

Lose the parens.  Where in ANY example procmail script have you seen these?

sh: cannot use & in command
554 "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #alex"... Service
unavailable

"cannot use (metachar) in command" is listed in the Procmail FAQ. Your site is probably running smrsh. Here's a link to a copy of the FAQ:

<http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/~reriksso/procmail/mini-faq.html>

service unavailable (though in this case, it isn't the problem), is also listed in the FAQ.

In the above case, I login as user A and send email to alex and user A will
receive a notification email containing the above error message.

This is called a bounce.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395