Re: Problems with .forward file

2000-09-19 09:04:41
Hi,

I have a little problem using procmail. Below is the content of my .forward
file:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #alex"
alexkusuma(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com

Since you're using redhat, you might have procmail as your local
delivery agent.  Please show us the output of

        grep '^Mlocal' /etc/sendmail.cf

If you see "P=/usr/bin/procmail" then procmail is already your local
delivery agent and you should delete the "procmail" line from your
.forward file.

Please tell us what distribution of redhat you're using, and what the
output of "procmail -v" is.  (In my copy, 3.11pre7, the manpage says
to put

        "|exec /usr/bin/procmail"

into .forward -- no need for the comment or IFS setting etc.  So you
might try that.  I don't know much about smrsh (You're using sendmail,
yes?  What version of sendmail?  Find out by saying

        telnet localhost 25

and noting its greeting message.  Say "quit" (no quotes) to exit.)

hth,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.