Re: get procmail to bounce to sender

2000-09-25 10:57:34
Awesome.

The EXITCODE return was *exactly* what I was looking for, and
that url you provided is an information packed godsend - thanks
a ton.

Beers!

Corey

And upon Monday of September 25, the illustrious Collin Park spake thusly...
How would I go about creating a 'catchall' procmail recipe
that would mimic a MAILER-DAEMON message, as well as forward
a copy of the original to, say, a postmaster account on the
local server?

I wrote a quick something below which should cause your sendmail to
send a bounce message back to the originator, as well as forwarding a
copy to your local postmaster

<snip>
    # If we get here, it means the above failed.

    EXITCODE=67       # EX_NOUSER -- addressee unknown
                      # sendmail should bounce it.

<snip>
This URL explains a little about the EXITCODE thing:

http://www.procmail.org/jari/pm-tips-body.html#technical_matters

<snip>