Re: extract to-header to echo

2000-09-26 08:26:51
Markus asked,

| I need a way to extract the original TO-header into the echo function.
| My intention is to create an errormessage, for example if a mail is
| adressed to the not existent user wurz(_at_)xyz(_dot_)de, the errormessage
should
| look like
|
| --- the following adress had permanent fatal errors ---
| wurz(_at_)xyz(_dot_)de
|
| I use the formail funktion to generate this message. Any suggestions?

The problem with using formail or procmail's MATCH facility to get the To:
address is that the visible To: address is not necessarily the address to
which that copy is supposed to be delivered.  You really need to put the
envelope recipient there, and putting that information where procmail can
find it is a whole discipline unto itself.