Re: Difference

2000-09-26 09:17:41
At 08:34 2000-09-26 -0700, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:
  with that said then if we were using MAILDIR instead of MBOX we would
want to leave off the " : " ?

I don't follow by what you mean with MAILDIR vs. MBOX - you mean whether you're storing the messages in individual files vs. a mailbox? If that were the case, yea, you could probably get by without the lockfile - but why chance it? Basic rule: if delivering to a FILE, use locking. If delivering to a program which may output to a file, use locking.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395