Re: Procmail question.

2000-09-27 09:25:45
Magnus Holmberg wrote:
I tried this:

You've made a good start.

:0c:
* ^To.*cooker
in.cooker

What this recipe says is:

    "If there's a 'To: cooker'" header line there, then file message
    in in.cooker, and continue processing."
                      ^^^^^^^^
I think you want

    "If there's a 'To: cooker'" header line there, then file message
    in in.cooker, and STOP processing."
                      ^^^^

If this is true, delete the 'c' in the flags, i.e., replace ":0c:" by
":0:" .

:0c:
* ^Subject:.*cooker
in.cooker

:0c:
* ^From.*nusse
in.nusse

:0c:
* ^From.*olle
in.olle

:0c:
*
in.bulk

But Now I get the messages to cooker mailinglist (and from nusse and olle)
saved both in in.cooke and in bulk (and in.nusse and in.olle)

How can I set this upp so I only get this messages once and with a copy in
/var/spool/mail ?

If nusse sends mail to the cooker list, do you want it to go into
in.cooker, in.nusse, or both?  (I guess not "both").

Here's my suggestion.

    # Save a copy in /var/spool/mail/MyName

    :0c:
    $DEFAULT

    # save mail to: cooker but not mail to bcookerell...

    :0:
    * ^TO_cooker
    in.cooker

    # Perhaps the following should be changed also?  I don't know
    :0:
    in.cooker

    :0:
    * ^From.*nusse
    in.nusse

    :0:
    * ^From.*olle
    in.olle

    :0:
    in.bulk

You might want to include '\<' in some of your recipes -- like the
ones checking for From: and Subject: lines, to reduce the false
positives (e.g., "From: abc(_at_)xyz(_dot_)com(_dot_)invalid (Hollering Out
Loud)" will
be filed in in.olle by the above file).

hth
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.