Re: auto reply keep duplicating...

2000-09-27 12:10:02
"Widodo Krisman" wrote:
Here's what I have for my auto reply... in $HOME/procmail.rc

:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^X-Loop:wkrisman(_at_)abraxas(_dot_)internal(_dot_)gay(_dot_)com
| (formail -rt -I"Precedence: junk" \
    -A"X-Loop:wkrisman(_at_)abraxas(_dot_)internal(_dot_)gay(_dot_)com" ; \
    cat $HOME/out_off_office.txt) \
| $SENDMAIL -t

Here are some guesses.

1. Also, some MTAs seem to add or delete blanks after the colon, so
   let's allow for zero-or-more blanks.  (sendmail 8.9.3 adds a blank,
   but let's put 1 blank when we generate the line, and allow
   zero-or-more when checking for it.)
2. does $HOME/out_off_office.txt begin with a blank line?  Let's add a
   "echo" to force one.

Not related to your question, but if you get a message with very long
header, formail might close the pipe and you might get a write error
on it.  Similarly if formail fails for some reason I think you might
like to hear about it.  So let's add "wi" flags.

Putting it together:

 :0 h cwi
 * !^FROM_DAEMON
 | (formail -rt -I"Precedence: junk" \
     -A"X-Loop: wkrisman(_at_)abraxas(_dot_)internal(_dot_)gay(_dot_)com" ; \
     echo; cat $HOME/out_off_office.txt) \
 | $SENDMAIL -t

Here's what I got in .qmail:

./Maildir/
| preline -m -p procmail.rc

I don't grok preline.  It invokes procmail I take it?

The problem is that I kept getting copies of each message until I disable my
$HOME/.qmail  line that has preline.
I think something wrong with my X-Loop but where??  I follow the sample from
procmailex..

Not quite; you left out the blank between "X-Loop:" and
"your(_at_)own(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)":

             :0 h c
              * !^FROM_DAEMON
                    here-^

Also, can anyone explain what's the -I"Precedence: junk"  is for?

man procmailrc(1) and search forward to "DAEMON"
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.