preline

2000-09-27 12:53:42
Collin asked,

| I don't grok preline.

preline is a qmail utility that adds a From_ line and Delivered-To: header
at the top of a message before handing it over to the program named as
preline's $1.

| It invokes procmail I take it?

If you tell it to.  I think Widodo's .qmail file,

| > | preline -m -p procmail.rc

*should* read

    | preline procmail -p -m procmail.rc

One of my shell accounts is on a system that uses qmail, and my .qmail and
my .qmail-default both say (actually, they are hard links to the same file),

   | preline procmail

and I'm in hog heaven there with what that enables me to do.  Too bad I'm
losing that account soon.