Re: Base 64 encoding?

2000-09-29 07:35:39
In procmail, summer(_at_)OS2(_dot_)ami(_dot_)com(_dot_)au wrote:

Some of the mailing lists that I'm subscribed to have text
messages with "Base 64 encoding".

I'm running on Sun Solaris... how do I decode these messages
and does someone have a procmail rule written up to automatically
perform the decoding?

In your position, I'd ask why my email client can't cope with this Internet
standard,

Just using standard Unix "mail".  I've got shell accounts on
about 6 different flavors of Unix (Solaris, IRIX, HPUX, FreeBSD,
Linux, Unicos) with procmail set up on most of them...

It could be a configuration problem, so if your Unix client using
standard mail correctly decodes "base 64 encoded" messages, please
enlighten me and describe your configuration.

Jeff