send notification of mail to another address

2000-10-02 10:59:19
I want to write a procmail recipe that would notify me by email at, say,
address1, when I receive email from a specific person at address2.  The
notification could be a prewritten file, but it would be nicer if the
Subject: line of the email (from the other person) is appended into the
body of the notification (without permanently altering the prewritten
file, that is).

I'm pretty much a layman, not much of a programmer, so I haven't gotten
far beyond simple filtering/sorting to various folders by header lines.
The various man pages are over my head, or at least I have a hard time
finding all the information I want or need in them.  The closest thing I
could find was the "vacation message" part of "man procmailex", but that
isn't quite what I had in mind, and I'm not sure I fully understand every
little part of that recipe, comments notwithstanding.

Thanks,
Jesse