Re: send notification of mail to another address

2000-10-03 11:49:32
Collin Park wrote:

Here's a starting point.  At address2, put something like this in your
.procmailrc:

Thanks much!  You've given me something to think about.  Being a procmail
newbie is hard work!

Here's what I came up with on my own (sort of - took bits and pieces from
others' recipes, and got some friends to explain a few things).  I thought
that sending a prewritten file would be easier for me to do, but this
recipe actually doesn't use one.  Suggestions for improving it or cleaning
it up are welcome:

:0 c
* ^From:.*<sender's address>
# brackets contain a space and a tab
* ^Subject:[    ]*\/[^  ].*
| (echo "Subject:\n${MATCH}" | $SENDMAIL -oi -F"Email Alert" <my address2>
  )

:0 A
<destination folder>

I understand most of it, but I don't know what the "* ^Subject:" line
actually means, character by character.  And I also don't know what the
-oi in sendmail means either (couldn't quite figure the combination out
from reading the man page).

But the recipe seems to work.  :)

Thanks again,
Jesse