Re: procmailrc query

2000-10-03 18:14:39
At 10:35 2000-10-03 +0530, Rajeev Manish wrote:
how to block mails from a specific address
using procmailrc ,

Check any of several of the searchable archives of this list (or, if you've been subscribed to it for longer than 20 seconds, your own mailbox). This comes up frequently. Check for the recent (28 SEP) discussion under the subject heading of "is this grep is correct?" (though there have been other recent discussions about twit filtering).

One such archive is at:

(just hit the thread index for 2000-09 and scan for the subject)

I personally use an invocation of fgrep against a text file listing addresses. That way, I have ONE recipe for whatever number of twits - adding a twit is as easy as adding ONE line -- their address -- to my twit datafile (or in my case, emailing myself with the twit's address, so I never even have to log in).

For one-off filtering, the suggestion already posted in response to your query will work.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395