Re: script with sed

2000-10-05 02:27:25
"David W. Tamkin" wrote:
              formail -czuXSubject:

Save one process and let formail do, pardon the expression, the head job
with its -u option.

Cool!  Learn something new every day.

However, to make this work, we must supply Subject: to the -u option,
e.g.

        formail -czuSubject: -XSubject:

Going back to the original questioner's need, the only reason for the 'c'
was so "head -1" would work.  If we use 'u' maybe we don't need 'c'?
(come to think of it, it seems the original questioner decided to use
'* ^Subject: *\/[^ ]*' followed by xxx=$MATCH which seemed to serve
adequately)

cheers
collin
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.