hash-bang and /etc/procmailrc

2000-10-10 22:47:40
All righty, I can't figure out how to test this on a system that has no
/etc/procmailrc (I'm not root anywhere and can't install such a file), and
the one place with an /etc/procmailrc where I have a shell has such a tangled
setup that I just finally got my arrangement working and I don't want to mess
with it, so I'm hoping that someone else can figure this out for me.

If one or more rcfiles are named on the command line, even without -m,
/etc/procmailrc is skipped.

If the rcfile is executable, the OS honors hash-bang, and the rcfile begins
thus:

#!/path/to/procmail

or perhaps

#!/path/to/procmail -f-

and one executes the rcfile, then the kernel would invoke procmail with
the rcfile's path on the command line, right, so procmail would skip
/etc/procmailrc, yes?