sendmail & mail directory creation

2000-10-12 09:53:58
Hello all,

(I'm running Solaris7 sendmail 8.11.1 on a SPARC platform)

I've got two questions that I didn't see answered in the procmail
pointers page:

1)  In the authenticate.c file, I see that #define MAILSPOOLHASH line
where you can say 0,1, or 2 will attempt to deliver to
/var/spool/mail/b/a/bar* , but what if I wanted to change where it
attempts to deliver the mail when I define 2?  Ideally, I'm looking to
deliver to:    /var/mail/b/a/bar*  (taking spool out of the path).

and

2)  Take a look at the following transcript from an attempt to deliver an
email with the hashing turned on:

    procmail: Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/a/r/arghya"
    procmail: Lock failure on "/var/mail/a/r/arghya.lock"
    procmail: Error while writing to "/var/mail/a/r/arghya" 550 5.0.0
    <arghya(_at_)mail(_dot_)blah(_dot_)com>... Can't create output

I see that procmail is trying to create something (that currently
doesn't exist), but does it have the power to create the directories
necessary for delivery?  Namely a/r inthe example above?  If so is there
anything I have to do to help facilitate it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris
ps.  Please email me directly in addition to any posts you reply with, I'm
on the digest and won't get to see anything posted to the list until
tomorrow!
--
ABSURDITY, n.
A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.