Re: scoring oddity

2000-10-16 13:04:49
Dallman wrote,

| Yesterday I found that I also had false
| positives on at least two other headers: "In-Reply-To:" and "References:".
| Right now I have the middle part in as:
|
|         :0
|         * $ $=^0
|         *  ^(Message-Id|In-Reply-To|References):\/.*[$!]
|         *  -100^1 MATCH ?? [$!]
|         { }
|
| I'm not sure whether I've re-invented my original scoring problem by
| doing it this way, though.

The problem there is that only the topmost match -- out of Message-Id:,
In-Reply-To:, or References:, the earliest one that shows up with a dollar
sign or exclamation point -- will get into $MATCH.  So if the previous
recipe, which examined the entire head, had found dollar signs or exclamation
points in the other two headers (or lower recurrences of the same one), they
wouldn't be removed from the count.

The only solutions I see are a recursive INCLUDERC or a formail fork:

  :0h
  OTHERLINES=|formail -IMessage-Id: -IReferences: -IIn-Reply-To:

  :0
  * -175^0
  * 100^1 OTHERLINES ?? [$!]
  { appropriate_treatment }