Re: skipping brace

2000-10-18 13:34:30
At 13:17 2000-10-18 -0700, kuo(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com elucidated thus:

[snip]
* ! ^From:(.*\<)?dongleware\>

     !$WORK_ADDRESS
   }

recommendation: first, lose the blank line. This is bad mojo. next, lose the braces and the unnecessary :0 on the inner rule (use braces and new flag sets only if you have multiple conditions). In effect, the VERY FIRST line after the from below the snip above, should bt the !$WORK_ADDRESS line.

As it is, procmail is seeing a NOTHING (blank line) delivery rule for the non-match conditions, then a set of braces around a condition that says, "always deliver here".

Deal with that first, and confirm is is fixed, then save a copy of the script. THEN, you should consider revising the plethora of conditions you have listed - the regexps for them could be combined into a few lines. However, this is secondary to fixing the delivery problem.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395