Re: starting procmail

2000-10-19 23:22:56
At 04:16 PM 10/19/2000 -0400, you wrote:
are you using:

      sendmail?

              then write the following line into your ~/.forward file:
                      "|/usr/bin/procmail"

      qmail?

              then write the following line into your ~/.qmail file:
                      "|/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/procmail"

martin

Well, once again I find the cause of my problem is something stupid that
I've done. In this case when I installed Linux on my new hard drive I used
a different login name from the original installation. Only problem is that
when I installed the backup of my $HOME/Procmail directory containing the
recipes, I forgot to change the paths in the recipes to the various folders.

/home/bholtzm/mail/... --> /home/holtzm/mail/...

Thanks for the replies, they got me thinking in a different direction which
led to discovering the problem.

Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer!"