Re: qmail and maildir

2000-10-22 00:03:42
I am just having to change over from sendmail to qmail too, so these
posts about qmail come just at the right time for me.

On Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 04:36:34PM -0400, MaD dUCK wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:37:00AM -0700, Paul Evad postulated:
What kind of modifications do i have to make to .procmailrc to have
work under my setup. My default spool mailbox is ~/Maildir and i keep
all my saved messages and maling lists archives at ~/Mail .

DEFAULT=/home/vpopmail/domains/domain/user/Maildir/new

i think this should read
      DEFAULT=/home/vpopmail/domains/domain/user/Maildir/

Oops. I had DEFAULT as $HOME/Maildir/cur, but my .procmailrc did seem to
be filing mail OK, even though according to the qmail documentation
the MUA is supposed to look in new and then move mail from new to cur.

Paul Evad also wrote:

and add a .qmail-user file in the /home/vpopmail/domains/
dir that looked like:

| preline /usr/bin/procmail -f- -m
/home/vpopmail/domains/domain/user/.procmail.cf

I am just a user, so I have this as $HOME/.qmail.

The -m flag, according to the procmail man pages, means ORGMAIL is
not set, so .procmailrc has to set it, I think. I didn't have to do
that with sendmail. The qmail documentation suggests recompiling
procmail so the default is not to deliver to /var/spool/mail/$LOGNAME,
but with the -m flag, this is not necessary, is it.

The above line would be one line, rather than 2, I think. preline adds
a From_ line, which qmail doesn't usually add, and -f - does the same
thing, I think, but only updates the time stamp, if a From_ line exists,
accordng to the procmail manual.

Now to change over my lang+list lists under sendmail to lang-list under
qmail.

--
Greg Matheson                                     Make a mistake
Chinmin College, Taiwan                           Try it, you'll like it