Re: size operator and environment variable

2000-10-25 08:04:03
Carl asked,

| People from department A can receive (and send) mail less than 2Mb.
| People from department B can receive and send mail less than 10Mb.

(If someone from department B sends a 7-Mb message to someone in department
 A, what do you do?  Deliver the first 2 Mb of it?)

| How can I set an environment variable with the size of the message?  I
| try with size operator and $MATCH but I can't do that.

 :0
 * 1^1 >1
 { SIZE = $= }

If only the size of the body counts, then

 :0
 * 1^1 B ?? >1
 { BODYSIZE = $= }

Note that putting the `B' flag on the colon line won't work; unless it is
specified on the size test condition with "B ??", the size test condition
will use the entire message.