fumbling with multiple TO's and forwarding

2000-10-25 11:43:20
hello,

anyone out there interested in helping out a fumbling
newbie in the field of procmail, please read on...

my situation is thus:
one mailbox, where email for several addresses and people
is sent to (the whole of *(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net, as well as my other
email).

i've been trying to make a recipy (or several) which
accomplishes the following:

- forwards the email for any and all *(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net people to
  them, and if there's one for wouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net, leave it
  in the mailbox. this should take into consideration that
  one message could be addresses to any number of people
  in *(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net

- any email for non *(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net addresses should remain in
  the inbox.

needless to say, none of the example recipies that i've found
gave me the answer, and my programming knowledge and ability
for logical thought just isn't up to it.

i've got something that kinda works now, but i still keep getting
duplicate emails. this is my .procmailrc (don't laugh!):

# start my .procmailrc
:0:
* !^TO_*wouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
{
  :0c:
  * ^TO_*famke(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
  ! m(_dot_)mesch(_at_)wanadoo(_dot_)nl
# ...
# several left out
# ...
  :0:
  * ^TO_*matthijs(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
  ! matthijs(_dot_)sneijders(_at_)chorusgroup(_dot_)com
}
:0E:
{
  :0c:
  * ^TO_*famke(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
  ! m(_dot_)mesch(_at_)wanadoo(_dot_)nl
# ...
# several left out
# ...
  :0c:
  * ^TO_*matthijs(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
  ! matthijs(_dot_)sneijders(_at_)chorusgroup(_dot_)com
}
# end my .procmailrc

can anyone point me in the right direction please? there _has_ to
be a simpler/better/both way of doing this!!??!

thanks,
wouter

<< mailto:wouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net >>         -=(UDIC)=-