Re: fumbling with multiple TO's and forwarding

2000-10-26 09:09:34
Wouter van der Horst wrote:
:0:
* ^TO_*(frub|famke|matthijs)@anakha.net
* ! ^TO_*wouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
/dev/null

(by the way, the '*' after ^TO_ seems to be necessary)

Sounds like you have an old version of procmail, i.e., one that
doesn't understand ^TO_ .   You should be able to get the same effect
as the above this way:

    :0:
    * ^TO(frub|famke|matthijs)@anakha.net
    * ! ^TOwouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
    /dev/null

To find out your version of procmail, type 'procmail -v' (no quotes).
I have a procmail v3.10 which understands ^TO_ so I think yours must
be older than that.

By the way, I erred earlier when I wrote:

# Not necessarily.  Consider the following .procmailrc file:
#
#     :0c
#     ! ^TO_wouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net
     ^
     ^ Here I should have put a '*', like so:

        :0c
        * !^TOwouter(_at_)anakha(_dot_)net

cheers,
--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.