Re: MAILDIR and VIRTUAL

2000-10-28 02:00:01
Hi and thanks for the reply.

I give you all information about this problem....
This server now use Postfix as MTA, procmail as MDA, cucipop as POP3 and Cyrus
as IMAP and manage about 800 users and virtual domains (the users are all
authenticated via passwd/shadow file with PAM).
Since this server must manage over 5000 mailbox, i need to upgrade
authentication scheme and create my own passwd database for virtual users.
One real user should own all mailbox, or at least one real user for each domain.
Procmail should delivery to /$VIRTUALHOME/$VIRTUALDOMAIN/$USER/Maildir/, where
$VIRTUALHOME is the base home directory of all the mailbox
$VIRTUALDOMAIN is the home directory that contains all mailbox for that domain.
$USER is the username.
Ex. /homemailbox/domain1.com/josh/Maildir/

If you need more input i'm here.

Bye.