Re: sending msg with blank TO: to /dev/null

2000-10-30 04:19:40
pollywog asked:

What procmail rule could I use to send messages containing nothing in the TO:
header?  It is something with "NULL" in it but I don't recall.

Try this which is based on a recipe I use:

:0
* ^To:
* !^To:.*[^ ]
/dev/null

However, I would suggest you ensure that it won't catch things you
want. I have at least one friend who emails things to lots of people
but Bcc's them to everyone, and he ends up sending a blank To: header,
so I have an exception before this rule to allow things from him
through properly.

HTH

Regards,
--
Richard Travett,                Email:
Richard(_dot_)Travett(_at_)cambridge(_dot_)simoco(_dot_)com